Chicago Times

6/21/14

Following through with tradition, I made my annual trip to Chicago two weeks ago.  It's been only 7 months since I was there last for Thanksgiving.  This time it was even special-er because my cousin and his wife (aka my cousin also and my twin!) asked me to be the Godmother of their son.  To which I happily accepted and am so incredibly blessed and thankful to have the opportunity be such a guide and be entrusted to such a great role :)!  And growing up in my culture, seeing godparents was always a good thing because it always meant presents!  (more like present$$)
I flew solo this year and instead of sightseeing and walking all around the city, I really just wanted some family time to just chill and hang out.  Family is the best remedy for anything!
Chicago was the best, as always.  I barely went shopping (I know, right!?), watched two movies ("Neighbors" & "The Fault In Our Stars"), ate Portillo's (a given), saw an improv show, doughnut consumption was out the window, the amount of pictures I took was minimal (what's new), and of course, my Godson got baptized!  I spent majority of my time with my guy cousins and as much as I love being "one of the guys," some quality girl time is always a good idea.  So my cousin and I went and got our nails did.
The end of any trip is always hard.  Especially with hours of flight delays and me not getting in until midnight and having to wake up 4 hours later to intern.  But, I can't complain :)
















awkward leg pose, hayyyyooo
I spy a cousin of mine







Post a Comment

Copyright © All Things Cass
Design by Fearne