Music Obsession: Birdy

8/2/13

Bird is the word.  Right now, it's all about Birdy on my playlists.  Seriously, I can't get enough of this chick!  Her voice is so strong that it's hard to believe she's only 17! 
Picture of Birdy
Source: last.fm
 If you've already heard of Birdy, then you probably know that many of her songs are covers.  (And, we all know how much I love when artists cover other artists) Her most popular one being "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver.  Might I add that she was only 14 when she covered that?  Strange?  A little.  Amazing?  A LOT.  In my opinion, her covers always do justice but her originals are incredible.  (I recommend "1901" and "Terrible Love") She recently announced "Wings" as her first single from her new album "Fire Within" which is set to be released this September.  So, as we wait until then--check out her videos on YouTube or listen to her on iTunes/Spotify/SoundCloud!

*Click to listen to "Skinny Love," "1901," and "Wings"

 photo signature2_zpsf53babb2.png
Copyright © All Things Cass
Design by Fearne