"For a Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic"

4/27/14


I'm so guilty of blog-neglect.  I'm sorry, this semester has been so incredibly hectic and crazy that time just escapes me!

Anyhooo--this past week has been quite an emotional one.  So many things: great things, exciting things, boring things, and of course, the whole shabang, sad things.

I've been hit with a few bugs/monsters: stress, worry, green, honestly, the pessimist in me just made its graceful appearance this week and today, I've officially kicked it to the curb--PEACE!

I don't think people (me, especially--my goodness) realize how much effort and energy is put into worrying and stressing and doubting things that should be nothing, but a THOT.  (sorry, new slang word I just learned--completely misusing it but in a way... it kind of works)

Sure, school definitely calls up for some super-all-time-high energy, but it should not at all drive you to complete insanity.

But other things.  It's honesty hour and I've been having the hardest time dealing with things.  I'm practically hiking through new territory where I'm not sure how to handle things, so I look to the advice and experiences of others to help me figure things out.  It's been a battle with things I should consider vs. what I actually feel.  Complete struggle city over here.  So I start making bad decisions left and right, to the point where I'm tangled up in things that officially make no sense at all; therefore, neither do I.

However, it always takes a (or a few, no shame in that) good, outside perspective(s) to help you come back out of the craziness.  Also, one great metaphor to really bring you to that "Huh...never thought of it that way" feeling.

So this metaphor...it can be applied to so many things.  It's literal meaning, buying a house or a car, food, pretty little things, whatever you feel relevant:

When you're buying a house, you have to consider whether it's going to be long-term or a liability.  Long-term, not much explanation, but something with potential to last awhile and will be well-worth the time, money, and work being invested into it.  And the liability meaning it may look nice right now, but in the end--it's only a liability that has no real point to it, it only has one purpose...Or, in better terms, it's just a thot :)

So, whatever rut you might find yourself in, or if you're really looking to buy a house...consider the long-term and liability aspects to it.  And I promise that more relief than havoc will ensue!

Post a Comment

Copyright © All Things Cass
Design by Fearne