Everything's Better Acoustic.

8/9/13

Have you ever heard a song and then it's acoustic version and thought the acoustic version was better than the original?  Or, have you heard a song, hated it, and then heard the acoustic version and then it made you like the song a little bit more?  Ya?  Ya, me too.

I honestly love live shows better because it sounds so much more intimate and a little less manufactured and you really just get a whole different feel for the song.  Also, have you ever noticed that you really put a singer to the test when you hear them sing acoustic versions?  Ya?  Ya, I can name a few too.  
Picture of John Mayer
Source: last.fm
Kkz, if you don't know me--then you are unaware with my obsession with John Mayer.  Surriously.  Like don't even tell me anything the tabloids say about him because his music tells me everything I need to know.  There's this concert he gave in LA at the Nokia Theatre and it is one of the best performances I've ever seen...through the T.V. screen.  I used to watch the "Where the Light is" DVD almost every day to the point where it broke on me.  Out of all of the performances on there, my absolute favorite is "In Your Atmosphere."  From what I know, this is the only time this song has officially been recorded--making it live and acoustic!
Picture of Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Source: last.fm
I'm convinced that the Yeah Yeah Yeahs can change my mood just by having their songs on shuffle.  I can feel super cool and badass every time I hear "Heads Will Roll."  Or, I can feel completely nostalgic and blahh as soon as I hear the words, "Wait, they don't love you like I love you."  I'm not talking about "Maps" today, but the acoustic version is just as good.  Today, we're talking "Hysteric."  Good lord, this is THE ultimate love song.  The original version is sorta like a happy-go-lucky-in-the-same-ballpark-as-Regina-Specktor's-"Us" as you picture you and your booboo doing silly, fun, crazy in love things.  While, the acoustic version is the song that plays when time stops at a standstill and you realize, "Holy shiz, I'm in love."  So basically, this song goes both ways.  It has two different uses and they're both included in the soundtrack to your love story playing in the background during two important milestones of the relationship!  
Picture of Zedd
Source: last.fm
One of the quickest ways for me to fall in love with a song is through the lyrics.  So, when I heard "High dive into frozen waves where the past comes back to life," I was like a dog hearing the faintest sound, my head jilted up, my ears perked up, and I was all into this song.  Then came, "Hold still, right before we crash because we both know how this ends." Then of course, "You are the piece of me, I wish I didn't need.  Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why.  If our love is tragedy, why are you remedy?  If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?"  Yup, it's that song you probably hear a zillion times on the radio.  Zedd and Foxes.  You know, I really like the song and the way it's played originally.  But, since we're talking acoustics here, I think I might like the acoustic version a little more.  By the way, Zedd is a little cutie!  And, yeah, of course I mean at 2:42! (If viewing this on a mobile, click here to listen!)
Keeping it short today because this is one post that I'm going to keep adding to since there are just too many to list!

Lastly, I need to tell you that I have the best friends in the world, and J.Chao aka the BIGGIE nafka is one of those people.
The time I would watch the "Where the Light is" DVD and it broke, I told her how bummed out I was that I couldn't watch it anymore.  Then one fine day, she drops by my house and brings me a brand spankin' new copy of the DVD!  Talk about true friend, huh?!
Oh and not to mention, the last time she dropped by my house, she surprised me w/ my early birthday present:
Left: "You're going to" Right: "JOHN MAYER B*TCH"
Looks like I'll be ringing in 21 with John Mayer and my closest friends in SD!  
 photo signature2_zpsf53babb2.png
Copyright © All Things Cass
Design by Fearne